About Us – Our Mission
Our passion lies in the enrichment, education and health of our youth. The Lenny Wilkens Foundation funds organizations that help young people reach their full potential while honoring their dignity and self-respect, regardless of circumstances.
We believe that:
- Today’s children are tomorrow’s leaders and it is our duty to ensure each one has an equal opportunity to succeed.
- All children have the right to basic healthcare with dignity, regardless of their families’ ability to pay.
- All children deserve access to educational tools that prepare them to thrive in an increasingly competitive world.
- Since 1971, the primary recipient of funds from the Lenny Wilkens Foundation is the Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic, a community clinic of Children’s Hospital of Seattle. The clinic’s services include basic medical care, health and lifestyle education, dental care and mental health care.
- The Lenny Wilkens Foundation raises funds for a variety of local organizations aimed at helping children in need.